Friday, July 2, 2010

freedom.

yeah we have freedom in this country.. yeah we need to be reminded that others don't. but what about our hearts? is there freedom there? are we truly free and living like it?

while down in san diego some jehovah witness' came to the door.. and it got us all thinking. jamie found this website made by a guy who had been one for years. he had written his testimony out and the biggest thing that impacted me was his lack of freedom. he talks about how he never felt like he was good enough for God. that his hours and hours of service were not worthy, and he should be doing more. i know i have had been told that lie and believed it, and a life like that is bondage. even as a believer we still try and work for our own salvation, we work to perfect ourselves. and we will never be good enough and never feel like it either.

Matt 11:28-30 "come to me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Christ has done the work, paid the price, and has set us free. truly free. no longer are we slaves to sin, no longer do we have to worry about being good enough. cuz we aren't.. only now.. we have the righteousness of Christ instead of our own. this is true freedom. a freedom that can never be taken away. a freedom that is not conditional.
happy 4th of july everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment