Monday, April 18, 2011

30 say what?!

i can't believe we only have 10 or less (or more) weeks left. it feels like we just told everyone. so crazy how fast its gone.

We are starting on her room, now that the rest of the house is put away. I found a dresser and mirror combo on craigslist... called them up... and that night we went and got it. We were so surprised that it fit in the back of our little car. The lady who sold it to us was super nice, it felt like we got it from a friend. She said that the furniture had been in her family for about 75 years. It had belonged to her grandmother. So sweet. She had it refinished a little while back in the shabby chic style. It really isn't my preference, but it looks fine for now and I can see myself in a few months repainting it solid white.
But for now it looks great in her room, and it already has a few items that we've been given for her. I am already loving hand-me-downs.


Naz and I are still going to our Bradley Birth classes and still loving 'em. Here is Naz volunteering to be a mom in labor. It was pretty funny. Through these classes, I am feeling really prepared for our natural birth, and that has been a great feeling. Naz is too, which was my biggest prayer in the beginning. We feel confident that we are doing all we can to learn and educate ourselves on the whole
process. I'm actually looking forward to it! Naz has always been skweamish (how do you spell that word?) when it comes to hospitals and blood, but I think being prepared with how to help me and what to do is calming all his fears. I have dreams about being in labor where I am completely calm and relaxed... and that just makes me excited.

mom: the diabetes diet is going well. I really wish I had more variety, but I know I'm doing good for my body, and for the little girl. I think it is also helping me keep my weight down. Which hasn't been an issue, but now I know its really not going to be. gotta stay posi right?

baby: "Holy cow!", is what I say most often when she is pushing every which way against me. I swear she uses my right hip as leverage. I'm trying to get a good video of the alien like movements but they don't come out so well. But I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment